This website www.jeffswillowglencreamery.com (“Website”) is the online presence for Willow Glen Creamery Corporation. (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
When you visit our Website, we will collect some information from you automatically simply by your navigating through this site, and some information voluntarily when you submit information using a form on the Website, order online, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of the Website. Some information we collect can personally identify you and/or your activity.
Whenever you communicate, interact or do business with us, whether online or at our restaurant, we will be collecting personal information from you or about you in the course of our dealings with you.
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you based on your specific transactions and interactions with our restaurant, the Website, or our personnel.
Categories of Personal Information:
Contact Information: Name, mailing address, email address, phone number, company affiliation
Commercial Information: Dates of order, special requests, preferences
Demographic Information: Geographic location, date of birth
Financial Payment Information: Credit card and/or debit card details, bank information
Geolocation Data: IP address
Internet Activity: Date and time of your visit to this Website, webpages visited, links clicked on the website, browser ID, browser type, device ID, operating system, form information downloaded, domain name from which our site was accessed, cookies
Social Media Details: Social media account information, profile pictures or posts
Surveillance: For your safety and security, images and video recordings collected while visiting our restaurant, where permitted by applicable law
Sources From Which Information Received: We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including when you:
Confirm an online order, sign up for promotional offers and sweepstakes, provide comments and feedback directly or through third party websites, communicate with us, share your photos, purchase a gift card, from social media, apply for career opportunities.
Business Purpose(s) for Which Information is Used:
• Responding to inquiries through the Website
• Fulfilling gift card and retail purchases
• To communicate with you in conjunction with your orders (including e-mail and SMS) • To send you promotional offers, newsletters and other marketing communications about Us, or other business outlets on our property and our affiliated entites
• Verifying and responding to consumer requests
• Distributing surveys regarding your experience
• Improving the Website experience for all Visitors
• Understanding the demographics of our Website Visitors
• Operating and maintaining the Website
• Detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious or illegal activity and prosecuting those responsible both on this Website and in our restaurant
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of the Website
• Payment processing
• Safety and security measures
Disclosure of Personal Information:
(Third parties to whom information was disclosed in the last 12 months)
We may share this information with the following categories of third parties that provide one or more of the following services to us: website hosting services; online orders; communication via text message and email; data analytics; post-order surveys; payment processing and financial services; order fulfillment and delivery; sweepstake and promotional contests; advertising and marketing service providers; information technology services; and when required to do so by law or government agency or for the purpose of defending or prosecuting legal claims.
Categories of personal information we disclose to third party service providers, for operational business purposes:
• Contact Information
• Commercial Information
• Demographic Information
• Geolocation Data
• Internet Activity
• Social Media Details
We do not share the following Personal Information with any third party, unless required to do so by law or government agency or for the purpose of defending or prosecuting legal claims.
• Surveillance • Financial Payment Account Information
Do we sell any of your personal information?
We do NOT sell your personal information, including the data of any minors, to any unrelated third party. We do not sell to any unrelated third-party or otherwise trade the personal information that we collect from our Website visitors.
• Compile data about site traffic to offer a better Website experience
• Understand and save visitor preferences for future visits and orders
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set if they do not want web services to collect information about their online activity. However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals. Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards. Therefore, we do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personal information about activities over time and across different Web sites or online services. If a universal standard for DNT becomes available, we may revisit our DNT Policy.
Your Rights as a California Consumer
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
• Right to Know. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months;
• Right to Access. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we provide you access to or disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
• Right to Delete. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
• Right to Opt Out. The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to unrelated third parties;
• The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf; and
• The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or less favorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
How to submit a request
You can submit any of the above types of consumer requests by either option below:
• Submit an online request via our privacy request email address: [email protected];
• Call our privacy toll-free line at 1.888.897.4506.
How we will verify that it is really you submitting the request
When you submit a Right to Know, Right to Access, or Right to Delete consumer request through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will ask you to verify information that can be used to link your identity to particular records in our possession, which depends on the nature of your relationship and interaction with us. For example, if your sole interaction with us was as a website visitor, then in order to verify your identify, we will need to ask you to provide your name, email, phone number, IP address, device ID, browser ID, and/or cookie ID.
How to authorize an agent to act on your behalf
You can authorize someone else as an Authorized Agent who can submit a consumer request on your behalf. To do so, you must either (a) execute a valid, verifiable, and notarized Power of Attorney or (b) provide other written authorization that we can then verify. When we receive a consumer request submitted on your behalf by an Authorized Agent, that person will be asked to provide written proof that they have your permission to act on your behalf, and we will also contact you and ask you for information to verify your own identity directly with us and not through your Authorized Agent.
Responding to your Right to Know, Right to Access, and Right to Delete requests We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Children under the age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any
personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address below.
How we protect the information that we collect
The protection of the information that we collect about visitors to this Website is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including: • We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data.
• We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
• We restrict access to personally identifiable information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
Questions about this policy
Consent to Terms and Conditions
Effective date: November 1, 2023
This website www.jeffswillowglencreamery.com (“Website”) is the online presence for Willow Glen Creamery Corporation (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
We use your data to provide and improve the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively. Data Subject
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Website. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
We uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Website
• To notify you about changes to our Website
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so • To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website • To monitor the usage of our Website
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: • To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of S
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website • To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
• To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
• To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
• To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Us. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Effective date (last updated on): November 28, 2023